Tuesday 19 March 2013

Day 8: Beth portrait done

I decided to stay in the studio today and spend some more time on the portrait. I wasn't happy with the progress on this portrait so far so I decided to look up some reference and actually use them whilst painting.
I also did some lighting tests to see if I can come up with something different to what i've done so far.
Here is the result:


As usual I started the day with a skull study. Today I decided to add a lighting situation to the skull to see if it works. I like how the image turned out in the end. 


Gotta catch a train in the morning as I'm going to Stafford. I'll probably sleep in the train. But I feel really good to have taken the decision to stay in the studio. Pretty happy with how the portrait turned out and now I'm going to work on a traditional portrait for a friend of mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment